Friday, June 4, 2010

Desert Welcome

I forgot, after all these years, the beauty of the desert. How it may take a little looking, a little quiet patience, but it can be found. I forgot the smell of mesquite tree, so dusty yet rich and hearty. the feel of the sun hardened soil beneath my feet, unyeilding to heat or wind, but always ready to drink the rare vintage of a good rain. The greens are not as lush and deep as the forests and hills that feed my heart. But they are so much the more precious for their rarity and for their stregth in the face of the sun. I had lost the memory of the baked blue of the sky, the vivid red of the pock marked hills, the rock riddled heights of the little mountains. I missed the miracle of little lives of lizards and quail, making their way in the unforgiving environment, perpetuating the generations despite the elements. So I am pleased to have my memory refreshed, to be grateful for the many beauties to be found on the many facets of the jewel we call earth- shining miraculous in sunlight and moonglow and starshine.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment