Monday, July 26, 2010

Setting Free

Setting free and letting go are so similar, but completely different. Neither are easy.


I remember when you were all I saw when I looked into my heart
I loved you best, as you rightly deserved from the very start
You were hope, and long lost dreams I needed to uncover
You gave me peace and will to fight I would soon discover
I came through my darkest days staring at your picture on the wall
And even when I could not walk
You refused to let me fall
Now, I've learned to stand again, its now time I let you go
We lived our dream in borrowed time, though we did not know
Now, no matter the miles or time, with you my heart is lined
But best for you and best for me no longer flow intertwined
So know I love you, I cherish your gift that you gave to me
But now it comes in gratitude that I can set you free


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment