Monday, May 31, 2010

Gratitude

Today, I am thankful, more than I ever am on Thanksgiving. I am grateful and humbled and awed by the ones who sign away their lives and give up their right to a life all their own. Some pay the full price, some come home injured physically, some come home injured in ways we can't see. Some loose their families when they go away, some loose themselves. And some manage to make it through relatively unscathed. But wether they realize it or not, they have all been made better for their willingness to risk it all. Maybe stronger, smarter, more grateful, but in some ways that are untangible, they have been elevated among their fellow men. For they are now heroes, no matter their length of service, duty station or job. These men and women, they offered up EVERYTHING for us, those who stayed home. Those who daily experience a hundred little rights and a thousand little privledges that we would not have but for those who have served. So to all those who fell, those who have lost, those home, those who are away, those who love a service man or woman, you have this Americans gratitude. And you have my daily love, and constant prayers for strength of heart as you carry out your duties. My life would be less rich and less beautiful if not for your willing sacrifice, and I will never cease in my support of you.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment: