Monday, May 3, 2010

Somethin Old, somethin new

So it strikes me hard that the things I wrote as a naive girl still ring of truth today.....I feel so alone tonight, despite all my lovely friends and amazing family, not unlike I often did in those days of yore. Tonight, I give you a blast from the past (highschool days) and one just written.

Before:

I am invisible, no one can see
The womans heart inside of me
None touch me or hold me in their heart
All longing forsaken to youthful loves art
None seeing the pain etched on my soul
Not watching while hurt exacts its toll
They only see horses, boots and blonde
No one bothers to look beyond

I sit in the corner of lifes theatre
Yet they hold no auditions,
Only see what you once were

I want no more than any woman or man
while every rejection just makes the flames fan
I want more than a friend, someone who sees me
Not what I was but who I can be.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight:

I ache in my heart, for something missing
I cry for something not mine
Till eyes grow weary and head grows heavy
with each dejected line.
I lay in dark silence, my ears unhearing
though there is a song to sing
All I can do is pray, for a heart at peace
whatever the dawn may bring

No comments:

Post a Comment