Sunday, May 2, 2010

In the beginning.........

Indulge me for awhile, my friends. Today, as I was sorting through a box of memories, I came across some of my old writings. I think, this week, I'm going to work on getting them typed into the computer, so I thought I might share some of my favorite ones on here.

Here are two offerings from the later high school years:

Do you seek an answer,
or do you shy from the truth?
Do you revel in the freedom of the sky
or do you hide from the decisions you face?
Each soul treads its own road
each heart owns a pair of wings
So do you follow the beaten path
or blaze a fiery trail across the
belly of the universe?
-----------------------------------------------------

As the smell of the campfire still lingers,
and the memory of the flames still burn,
I lay quiet
savoring the misty moonlight.
Still as the rocks on the shadowy mountain
I settle into a peaceful sigh.
Wishing for nothing but someone to share this with.
The presence of the silent woods
echoes back the fiddling crickets
as the waterfall continues its
singleminded serenade.
And more than the bullfrogs are singing tonight
as my heart whispers its own song.
Now all that could improve the peace
that this place imparts to me
would be someone who knew
the same comforts.
So should it be that I ever love
should it be that I ever share
I only know that he too must hear
this lullabye that the earth
plays for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment