Thursday, May 6, 2010

Metaphorically Speaking (or Similies make me Smile)

Wrote this for a boyfriend in my early twenties, one of my friends said I should make it into a Hallmark card. LOL Needless to say, it never saw the light of day beyond a select audience, til now....

You are good for me, like sunshine is good for flowers, like hugs are good for children, like tummy rubs are good for puppies and chin rubs are good for kittens. You warm me like the sun on a windy day, like hot chocolate on a snowy morning, like my favorite blanket when I'm under the weather, like my oldest sweater. You foster a sense of confidence, like being on the back of a good horse, like when I stand on the summit of a mountain, like when I hold a good weapon in my hands. You inspire me like a beautiful day, like a powerful song, like the flight of a hawk, like the faith of a child, like the wind in the trees, like the trust of a wild thing. You set me on fire, like the rush of adreniline, like the tear bringing speed of a good gallop, like the heady feeling of victory. You make me feel comfortable, like my favorite book, like broke in jeans, like an old chemise, like coming home. You are becoming all this, and more, as each day I discover more about you. I just thought you might like to know.

1 comment:

  1. Well... It may be a bit lengthy for a Hallmark card.... but it's still a very good string of similes!... :)

    ReplyDelete